My New Year’s resolutions for 2010 were:
2. Run 2 half-marathons in 2010 Partial Fail. I ran 2 races last year, but due to mysterious ankle pain I wasn’t able to get to half-marathon distance. I am incredibly proud of myself for finishing 2 5k races, and I really feel like I’ve caught the racing bug!
3. Eat better. Check! I can confidently say that I have eaten the best this year than ever before. I’ve cooked a lot more from scratch, and found some incredible recipes to try.
I feel pretty great about my goals for 2010, and I’m even more excited for 2011! My resolutions are more like a ‘to-do’ list, but I think I can get them all done:
- Engage with people more. Piggy-backing on 2010’s goal of be more social, I want to further cement the relationships I formed or rekindled by commenting, tweeting, emailing and meeting face-to-face more often.
- Make it a habit to wash my face. This one seems simple, but I am not very good at doing it. My skin is pretty temperamental, and I touch my face a lot. I think that making it a habit to wash my face every night will help keep my skin clear and soft.
- Take more pictures. I want to learn more about our DSLR and how to get the best shots, so that I can capture our lives better. I want to be able to look back in 50 years and not be sad because all of my pictures are blurry and mediocre
- Run at least 2 races. Maybe one 10k.
- Travel. We already have plans with family to travel at Christmas, and depending on the location of this year’s Healthy Living Summit, go there, or do a trip to somewhere fun for a graduation/anniversary/Adam’s birthday trip.
- Cook more meals from scratch. I have a bookcase full of cookbooks, so I’m thinking about doing a cookbook challenge like Tina did/is doing.
- Do more diy/sewing projects. We just bought a new console for our tv, and it may need refinishing. I would also like to make curtains for my office, and a new duvet cover for our bed.
Certainly more goals/resolutions than last year, but I think they’re achievable and maintainable.
I’d love to hear about your goals for 2011. Taking on a home improvement project? tackling a long-distance race? losing weight or getting into shape? Tell me all about it!