The first meal planning of the new year is a success!! Last night we took a look at some of our cookbooks, and picked out a bunch of yummy new recipes to try! Here’s what we decided on for the next 2 weeks: (* means a recipe we’ve never tried)
- Sunday – Homemade Pizza
- Monday – Slow Cooker Chunky Chili *
- Tuesday – Fish & Rice
- Wednesday – Chicken Tortilla Soup*
- Thursday – Cheesy Pasta Bake
- Friday – Steak & Maple Roasted Root Veg*
- Saturday – Mom’s Birthday Dinner!
- Sunday – Potato-topped Chicken Pot Pies*
- Monday – Veggie Lasagna
- Tuesday – Bacon-Cheddar Burgers
- Wednesday – Pasta E Fagioli *
- Thursday – Chicken Parmesan
- Friday – Pork & Pineapple Sticks
- Saturday – Meatball Subs
We did a HUGE grocery shop today, at Costco, Bulk Barn, and Sobeys!
Costco: Bread, Peppers, Bean Soup Mix, Pre-cut Broccoli, Pita Chips, Cranberry Juice, Chicken, Ground Beef, Stew Beef (not pictured, 8 pack of diced tomatoes!)
Bulk Barn: Flour, Bran Flakes, Popcorn, Walnuts
Sobeys: Mushrooms, Corn, Limes, Garlic, Celery, Butternut Squash, Soup, Tortilla chips, salsa, oranges, grapefruit, lemons, parsnips, stewed tomatoes, yukon gold potatoes, red potatoes, green pepper, tomatoes, onions, bacon, kidney beans
All of these delicious fruits and veggies are going to make some amazing meals this week! Have you made any of those recipes before? Do you have any favourites you would recommend? Stay tuned for recipes and pictures!