Around the middle of February, I always start to get that feeling. The blues, the grumps, the blahs. I miss the sun, I miss the warmth, and I miss being outside!
The cold dreary days have really started to get to me, so I thought I would share some tips with you for boosting your mood when you’re feeling low.
- Get some exercise, preferably outside. Bundle up, grab your boots, and go for a walk in the snow. 20 minutes outside will provide you with Vitamin D, fresh air, and improve your circulation. Don’t forget though, even if the sun isn’t out you still need sunscreen!
- Dance! If you really can’t bear to go outside more than necessary, have a super-fun boogie dance party inside. Shaking your booty will get your heart pumping and release natural endorphins into your system, which will elevate your mood for hours after you put away your dancing shoes.
- Eat summery meals. Put together a great big salad with all your favourite (available) summer veggies, or dig out your grill and cook up some yummy grilled meals.
- Bring some summer into your home. Buy a cute cheap bouquet of flowers, or pile some fresh lemons and limes in a colourful bowl. Set your table with brightly coloured napkins, and put light-coloured sheets on your bed. These little things will bring a smile to your face and lighten your mood for days or weeks.
- All of these things will help lift your mood and chase away the winter blahs. What do you do to beat the blues?